Kuns Northcoast Security is currently in search of a Full-Time Security Technician
Security Technician Job Description
Kuns Northcoast Security technicians spend the majority of their time installing and maintaining security systems. Additional duties include monitoring equipment, preparing purchasing requests for materials needed for each project and writing daily and monthly reports regarding maintenance work provided. They must often communicate with customers to troubleshoot problems and procedures with the equipment.
Duties and Tasks
- Installs, maintains, or repairs security systems alarm devices, and related equipment
- Examines systems to locate problems
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns
- Assists in the development of training programs for employees
- Keeps informed of new products and developments
- Requests orders for replacement parts
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
Knowledge and Experience
Individuals working as Kuns Northcoast Security technicians must have experience with problem solving, troubleshooting, assembling, disassembling, repairing and monitoring electronic devices such as security alarms, smoke alarms, video cameras, audio surveillance equipment and television monitors. A comprehensive knowledge of IT systems is required. This position requires a valid driver’s license and a background check.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Maintain an established work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to work independently
- Safely drive and operate a vehicle
Three (3) years installing, servicing, and maintaining security or IT systems
High School diploma or educational equivalent
AAS degree, or some college courses in related area
Communicates effectively in both oral and written communications. Communicates with people outside the Company, representing the Company to customers, the public, government and other external sources. Communicates with supervisor, peers, subordinates and other Company staff; working as part of a team contributing to Company goals.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions drawing upon experience, research and input from peers. This position performs multiple job tasks on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position requires lifting up to 50 pounds and frequent/prolonged periods of standing, bending, pulling, twisting, reaching, and climbing.
To apply for this position please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org